Thursday 3 January 2008

High School Musical - Bad for Chess

One of the more popular Christmas presents in my household was "High School Musical 1,2 and Concert". Consequently in the week between Christmas and New Year I saw each movie at least twice, and the songs from the movies were rammed into my brain.
I then attempted to play chess, during this time, with disastrous consequences. Whether there is a connection between a bunch of teenagers singing about basketball, and chessplayers dropping pieces left right and centre may not be scientifically provable, but that is what happened to me.
Thankfully by Tuesday night I had driven the demons from my mind, and my chess results significantly improved.
As a further sacrifice to scientific investigation, my children are dragging me off to "Alvin and the Chipmunks", and I will endeavour to report the effects this has on my play (if my brain is still functioning that is).

(BTW There is one Victorian player who thinks that having musical theatre at chess tournaments would help increase the number of entries. Personally I think the risks are too great)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What are the ringtones you are using?
I am looking for and installing the best free Indian quality ringtones. I've got my favorite songs. Quality ringtones. Unique ringtone. This is where I searched and installed these ring tones: ringtonedownload

These are my favorite songs for you to reference and install in no time:

- Expert Jatt ringtone Download
- Let Me Love You ringtone Download
- Darkside ringtone Download
- Chin Chin Chu ringtone Download
- Jeena Chhad Ta ringtone Download
- Jeena Chhad Ta ringtone Download

Thank you for your interest in my article.