Monday 19 December 2011

Dear Leader

I swear I can remember reading about the chess career of the very recently departed Kim Jong Il. Or maybe it as his father Kim Il Sung. Any way the gist of it was that he was easily the strongest player in Korea and almost certainly the world, but affairs of state prevented him from playing more often.
However I've come up empty on a source for this description. Am I imagining things, or am I thinking about someone else? Help from anyone with a similar recollection to mine would be appreciated!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the subject of chess came up surely Kim would have made such outrageous claims, like the time when he scored 11 holes in one in a single round of golf...

Garvin said...

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/weird/with-kim-jong-ils-death-golf-loses-its-best-player-ever/story-e6frep26-1226226610309